Report an Issue

Colne Engaine Parish Council

The Parish Council is responsible for:

  • Gym & Play equipment on the recreation ground
  • Grass cutting on local footpaths
  • Most of the village street lights

For all other issues and problems please contact Essex County Council or Braintree District Council, please see below.

The Parish Council will often report issues directly, but it always helps if multiple reports are made by members of the public.

To keep the Parish Council up to date, could you please use this form to make us aware of any issues you report to the County and District Councils.

Report a problem to the Parish Council

Fields marked with * are required

Essex County Council

  • Bridges and structures
  • Bushes, trees, verges or weeds
  • Bus stops, bins, benches, barriers or bollards
  • Damaged or missing manhole covers
  • Faded lines, damaged signs
  • Flooding and blocked drains
  • Lighting and traffic lights
  • Litter, debris and graffiti
  • Large obstructions such as embankment slips, large overhanging branches or fallen trees
  • Where to park, apply for a parking permit or appeal a parking fine
  • Pavements, kerbs & cycle paths
  • Potholes and road surface issues
  • Public Rights of Way
  • Traffic, roadworks or utility works


Braintree District Council

  • Abandoned vehicle
  • Accumulation of waste
  • Blood and Vomit
  • Benefit fraud
  • Breach of planning control
  • Broken glass
  • Broken street light
  • Car litter offence
  • Council Tax Change in Circumstances
  • Dead animals
  • A Death
  • Dog barking
  • Dog foul
  • Dog fouling offender
  • Empty property
  • Fly tipping
  • Food complaint
  • Graffiti
  • Health and safety complaint
  • Landlord fit and proper
  • Light Pollution
  • Litter and dog bins
  • Lost dog
  • Missed bin collection
  • Moving within the Braintree District
  • Moving out of the district
  • Make a complaint
  • Noise
  • Needles
  • Odour
  • Property vacation
  • Pothole
  • Smoke
  • Suspected food poisoning
  • Taxi feedback
  • Underage sale/Unlicensed activity